It’s that time of the year again. Halloween is right around the corner! How to remove chocolate stains? It’s very common this time of year to have chocolates scattered around the house and kids getting it all over your home such as the carpet, couch and more. We made this post to help you!
How to remove chocolate stains from upholstery fabric:
If your upholstery is made of silk, linen or a thin cloth and you don’t have experience on how to clean a sofa, it’s best not to attempt to clean it. Do yourself a favor and call a company specializing in upholstery cleaning. You don’t want to take the risk to create even more damage!
For a quick cleaning, check out these steps that can teach you how to easily remove chocolate stains from your couch:
You will need:
- Detergent/Hand soap
- Soft cloth, or a brands new and clean sponge
- Paper towel
- Make a mixture of 1 large cup of warm water and one tea spoon of detergent;
- Carefully, pour a bit of the solution right at the center of the chocolate stain. Be careful with this step, because if the water spreads, the stain also spreads.
- Take a white, clean, lint-free cloth to wipe the stain;
- The act of friction has a peculiarity: you must rub from the outside in, that is, from the edges of the stain into it, and not spreading on the stain. In addition, the movement should be done in the direction of the fiber of the fabric. If it is not done that way, the spot can get even larger. This step can also be done with a sponge.
- Put two sheets of paper towel on top of the stain, and apply some pressure. Try using a book, and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, lift the paper towel and apply a bit more water+detergent solution to the center of the stain, but now try to dry it with a clean piece of paper towel. Repeat the process until the stain is gone.
Remember, most chocolates don’t make permanent stain spots unless if it’s left on your fabric for an extended period of time.
Would you like to receive a free house cleaning quote? If yes, click here.
Download our mobile app today and take our blog on the go!